Please use the link below to complete your online coaching application for the 2019-20 season. If you have a USA Hockey number already (its alpha numeric with the last few characters being part of your last name) please enter it during the registration.
Most importantly, thank you for all your time. The players and association greatly appreciate it.
BEFORE STEPPING ON THE ICE:
1. USA Hockey registration: You must register yourself as a coach with USAHockey.com. There is a $50 charge for the registration and to be provided with your own 14 digit registration number.
a) Go to USAHockey.com hover over “membership” along the top.
b) Select “register online”
c) Select “ICE PLAYERS & COACHES”
d) Click on “REGISTER NOW” and follow the prompts
e) Once complete, you will receive your USAhockey #. Please email this to email@example.com.
f) You may also submit the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement of the $50 fee
2. Annual concussion training, this is a new requirement from USA Hockey see form below. A link to the online training is on the form. Submit completed Page 1 and certificate to email@example.com
3. Background Screening: Check to see if you need to do your background screening. Screenings need to be completed every 2 years. See directions below on how to check your status or complete the screening if needed.
NOTE: YOU CANNOT BE ADDED TO A TEAM ROSTER UNTIL YOUR NAME IS ON THE CLEARED LIST.
4. Safesport: ALL coaches must have their Safesport training completed before stepping on the ice or added to a roster. Safesport needs to be completed every year. However, if you completed your Safesport last year, 2018-19, you do NOT need to do it this year. Links can be found below to the training.
5. Age Group Modules: Complete any age specific modules. Modules only need to be completed one time during your coaching career.
6. Complete coaching application on LHA website, see link above.
NEED TO COMPLETE BEFORE 12/31:
7. Level Certification: Update your Level certification if yours expires on Dec 31 or is expired and coaching a travel team.
Not sure what you need? Check here ---> CEP# List
At the bottom of the page, put in your name and click search. Note, it works better if you put in less information to find your information.
The results will summarize your CEP level, age modules and expiration dates.
No exceptions and no extensions!!! If these items are not complete by 12/31, you will be removed from the ice, bench and team roster. Links are below.
** If you are coaching Mites or Mite Preps, you can have an expired Level certification. This is the only level that will allow you to coach with an expired certification. You do however have to complete the mite module, Concussion Training, Safesport and Background screening if you haven't already.
Lakeville Hockey Association and MN Hockey requires any and all persons involved with the organization to submit a background screening. This includes ALL members of the LHA Board, Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Team Managers.
Before starting a new background screening, check your current screening status. Screenings only need to be completed every 2 years. You can check the status of your screening by doing the following:
1. Log in to MNhockey using the link:
2. Click the down arrow next to your username in the top left corner
3. Click on registrations. Locate the most recent Electronic Screening Form
4. You will see a date 2 columns over, if the year is 2 years or more from the start of the hockey season, you need to complete a new screening.
If you need to complete a new screening you can find that here ---> Minnesota Hockey Background Screening. Please be sure to specify District 8, Lakeville Hockey Association.
Background screenings only need to be completed every 2 years.
NOTE: In order to be on the ice, bench or roster, your name must show up on the Cleared List.
USA Hockey has rolled out a new program for all USA Hockey registered coaches, officials, employees and volunteers called Safesport. There is no cost to this training. The training is comprised of short video segments that take approximately 90 minutes to complete. You do not have to complete the entire 90 minutes at one time, you can break it down into sessions. The training must be completed before you will be added to a team roster or any interaction with the players.
The SafeSport Training is required every year. However, if you completed your Safesport last year, 2018-19, you do NOT need to do it this year.
Go to the training website --> SafeSport Program Training
Under “dashboard”, click on the “click here to view your completed courses”
Need to find a coaching clinic to attend to obtain or renew your Level Certification. Click here ---> Coaching Clinics
Need to complete an age specific module? Modules only need to be completed one time during your coaching career (rules as of now).
USA Hockey Modules --> Modules